1a Railway Place, Gravesend
The Railway Tavern opened in 1881 and was tied to the Meux’s Brewery, it still features the original Meux glazed tiles. After 129 years of trading it closed in 2010 and then reopened in 2011 as D-Ream. D-Ream lasted just over a year, closing in October 2012.
It now trades as Treatz Dessert Parlour, one of two pubs in the town that have reopened as ice cream parlours.
This is just one of many pubs to have recently closed in Gravesend. Since the turn of the century 24 pubs in the town have closed their doors for the final time.
Part of an ongoing project. For more pubs go here.